Sunday, June 26, 2011

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Ladybugs :-)

Good morning gorgeous beings! Happy Sunday. This morning I was thinking about my Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones


They were so delicious! And since I've been partaking in Pancake Sunday the last several weeks, as you can see here and here and here, I decided that I MUST make:

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
(With Creamy Cashew Date Sauce) 


Pancakes
1 cup Pamela's Gluten Free Pancake Mix
1 egg
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped strawberries (use organic!)
2 tbsp chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips...my fave!)

Sauce
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 dates
dash of vanilla
dash of cinnamon
~Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth :-)

Delicious!

Especially enjoyed outside in the sunshine. Isn't life sweet? :-)




As I mentioned in my last post, our garden is looking amazing! It grew a lot during the time we were in Michigan. We had a lovely friend taking care of it for us while we were gone and I must say, she did a wonderful job. 

The other day, Woody brought home a bag of 1500 ladybugs that he had bought and wanted to let loose in the gardens. I was like, "This is kinda sad! How long are these ladybugs kept in a bag for??? Let's go rescue them all and set them ALL free!" 

Here's what it looked like.









Recent garden pics:





The corn and sunflowers are getting so tall! Almost as tall as Woody!




Can you spy Woody hiding in the corn? :-)




Happy Kona :-)



 Anyone remember the movie The Secret Garden? I LOVE that movie. It used to be favorite movie of all time. I loved the book, I saw the musical on Broadway when I was little and I loved all versions of the movie. Here's a little something fun. A little magic for you :-)

Mary's Magic (The Secret Garden Remix)
Composed entirely of small sounds recorded from 'The Secret Garden'

And here is something to reflect on for the day.
Wise Words:

"We were born fully equipped to break free of past confining conditions that no longer serve us. And it is our destiny to do so. That inner impulse, that yearning to explore beyond the boundaries of our daily life permeates every living thing, and its voice perpetually whispers in our inner ear, 'Grow, grow, grow...' But, there is another voice that often speaks much louder, the voice of fear. It shouts, 'No, no, no...Stay right where you are. While you may not like it, you risk nothing staying put.' But, unfortunately, that is the big lie. There is great risk in resisting the divine urge to grow."
-Dennis Merrit Jones, The Art of Uncertainty

So, GROW my friends! Grow, bloom, blossom....wherever you happen to be planted. And as my friend, Abigail once said, "Cross-pollinate if you're a gypsy!" :-)

Much love and blessings from my heart to yours! <3 Have a beautiful day!