Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I ate Wednesday....Pregnant Edition ;)

It's been a while since I've done a "What I ate Wednesday" post, so I thought I'd do one today :) My pictures from yesterday's eats are not particularly pretty, but I'll make up for it by posting some pretty pregnant belly pics later ;)

Head over to Peas and Crayons to thank Jenn, who so beautifully hosts the weekly WIAW for us crazy food bloggers who love to look at pictures of other people's food ;) And while you're over there, be sure to check out everyone else's pictures of their food! If you're into that sorta thing ;) 

My breakfasts lately have been pretty varied. I've been switching it up between green smoothies, yogurt and granola, pancakes, eggs and kale, etc. 

Yesterday morning I went with a green smoothie topped with granola.


I think this one was:
1 orange
1 handful of frozen cherries
About 4 large leaves of Kale
2 tbsp of hemp seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon 
About a 1/2 cup of water

I love the crunch that the granola adds to smoothies! 

A few hours later I got hungry for a little snack so I made an english muffin topped with sunflower butter and fig butter. I ate it in the car while Woody and I ran a few errands. 


After running errands, I made a huge salad for lunch. 


Tons of greens
Apple
Chicken apple sausage
Goat cheese
Sauerkraut 
Simple homemade salad dressing (Toasted sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, maple syrup)

And then because I just happened to have a donut from Whole Foods laying around, I ate that too ;) 


Since I had a late lunch and filled up on that donut, I didn't end up getting hungry again until right before bed. So, I ate some toast and cottage cheese. (No picture.) 

This may not be a very good representation of a typical day of eating for me while pregnant. But, some days are just not typical days! 

Recently Woody and I had some photos done by my awesome, talented friend, Jami. Here's a peek at a few of them. My belly is really starting to grow! :) (The pictures are actually going to be for my amazing friend, Tessa's website: Lychee Beauty Products. Tessa makes this incredible Belly Butter that I've been using throughout my pregnancy. And will continue to use until the end!) 


I LOVE how you can still kinda see my ab definition in this one! YES! Haha :)





My favorite <3

And I have one more thing to share. Because I just really love this quote ;)

Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh’ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. Don’t allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it’s a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep, feel it all – look around you. All of this is for you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love.
—Zooey Deschanel




4 comments:

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

Holy abs woman! You can def still see definition even with your gorgeous bump ;) congrats again a million times!!!! I'm so happy and excited for you guys!!

sonia the mexigarian said...

Girl, you two are simply stunning. The photos just radiate warmth and love. So beautiful. And what a difference a haircut makes. I hardly recognized Woody from one of the last photos you put up.

Love and blessings to you both :)

Jay le Fay said...

sooo beautiful :) thanks for sharing!

Katie Mar said...

such a gorgeous gal! love this post and that quote from zooey.. she's my favorite!

Post a Comment