Monday, June 6, 2011

The astonishing light of your own being :-)

Hello gorgeous beings of light and radiance! I'm feeling a bit more like myself now and I think the "funk"  I was in is now behind me. I didn't go into the details of it, but suffice it to say that I was just experiencing some melancholy and lack of inspiration in my life. I was being hard on myself and not being very kind or loving to myself. Which, of course, resulted in feeling even worse. It was like a regressive spiral. The more unkind, negative thoughts I had about myself, the worse I felt. From your sweet comments, I realized that everybody has their moments or days of feeling funky and sad. I don't know where it comes from but I'm happy that it's passing. I'm going to write this quote down where I can see it so the next time I'm feeling blue, I will have a reminder. 

"I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being."
~Hafiz

Or I can always look back and read this post too. 

Another thing I discovered from reading your comments is that most of you prefer to read blogs that are real, and express real human emotions and experiences. Since we are all human, we can all relate to the ups and downs of life and it's a beautiful way for us to feel connected to each other. 

Speaking of being connected to each other, here is my favorite thing ever right now. I love this. It kind of made me laugh a little bit at first, but then I cried. 

(For more videos like these, check out Symphony of Science)

It appeared to me at just the right moment, as many things tend to do, and it really helped put things into perspective :-) 

On another note, or maybe the same note since everything is really all connected ;-), here are some pictures and delicious happenings from yesterday. It was a beautiful Sunday spent with the man I love. 

I have really been enjoying having "Pancake Sunday" the last few weeks. Yesterday's were kind of like strawberry cheesecake pancakes. 




The batter consisted of a mixture of Pamela's Gluten-Free Pancake Mix AND some of Pamela's Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake mix, so the panCAKES were extra cakey. I made an "icing" inspired by Heather's
"Creamy Cashew Drizzle," and made a ring of strawberries around the plate. I probably don't have to tell you how delicious it was. Can't you just tell? :-)

After breakfast, Woody and I hung around the house for a while and eventually headed out to have lunch together at Peter Lowell's












How can I possibly feel sad when there are so many simple pleasures and wonderful wonders in this beautiful life? 

I hope you are experiencing the pleasure and joy of life too! 

Thanks as always for reading, receiving and supporting. Much love and brightness from my heart to yours :-)