Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My 4th WIAW :-)

Good morning Beauties :-) Happy WIAW! Sometimes I wonder what non-food bloggers and non-foodies think about food blogs and WIAW. Are we food bloggers crazy?! Is it not normal that I love seeing what other people eat?! ;-)




Be sure to head on over to Peas and Crayons to thank Jenn, the lovely hostess of the party, and to see everyone else's WIAW :-) 

Ok, here we go!

My morning began with my usual water and tea. 

 
I considered making a carrot cake smoothie for breakfast, but then I decided to drop the smoothie idea and just go with straight up carrot cake! It was VERY good decision ;-)



Carrot Cake Breakfast Bake
Topped with Creamy Cashew Icing

(Serves Two)

6 tbsp Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
6 tbsp oats
1 tsp ground flax + 3 tsp water
3 1/2 tbsp almond milk 
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
3/4 cup grated carrot
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp allspice

Baked at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The inspiration for these came from my Carrot Cake Muffins and Diana's Carrot Cake Mini's.

My WIWW (What I worked Wednesday) was BodyRock's Abs Now! Workout.

This was followed by a chocolate coconut kale smoothie. 


1/2 frozen banana
3 large kale leaves
1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup coconut water
1 tbsp flax seeds
1/2 scoop Chocolate SunWarrior Protein Powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder

This smoothie seemed like a good idea in theory, but it turned out to be not very awesome. Oh well ;-) 

Lunch:


Huge salad. I can't remember everything that was on here. It looks as though there were lots of greens, some hummus, goat cheese, nutritional yeast, ketchup....(I am in a weird ketchup phase right now! I can't get enough!) Woody thinks I'm weird. ;-) There was also half of a veggie burger hiding under the greens. 

Some dessert ;-)


I recently made a batch of my Aztec Mocha Muffins, but I made them mini this time! I also added more cayenne and used chocolate chips instead of the espresso toffee bits. I topped them a chocolate cashew frosting. The cookie dough ball is from Averie's recipe, but I added some gluten-free graham cracker crumbs and some brown rice flour to her recipe. Yum!

I had my daily kombucha. 


I split it with Woody because I'm sweet like that. Although, I almost had a moment of regret after I said, "Here, you should have some of this." Because, I watched him take several sips and then drink the REST! I didn't say anything though. That's true love right there ;-) 

I had some snacks throughout the day that did not get photographed. I ate a banana with almond butter and some tortilla chips. You all know what those things look like :-)

Dinner:

 
Another big salad with lots of greens, veggies, smoked salmon, hot sauce, hemp seeds and goat cheese.

If you had looked at me before AND after dinner, you would have seen a wine glass in my hand :-) 


:-)

My night time snack/dessert was:


Some granola and coconut milk topped with another mini aztec mocha muffin and a cookie dough ball. 

Sweetness....of life! 

Here's my (WILTW) What I Listened To Wednesday! I just made that one up :-)

I like to put this song on repeat and dance around my living room and kitchen while singing at the top of my lungs. It's a catchy and happy tune. Enjoy :-) 


And one more thing:

WWMHW! Hehe...(What Warmed My Heart Wednesday) 

Woody and the doggies:-) 






Ok, I'm done now. Have a beautiful day, lovely people! May your hearts be filled with joy and wonder today and always. And may you walk through your days finding beauty and magic wherever you turn! 
:-) 

P.S. I didn't understand "What I Ate Wednesday" at first. My thought process went like this: Why is it called What I Ate WEDNESDAY when you are posting your eats from TUESDAY? Shouldn't it be called What I Ate Tuesday? Anyone else have this same thought???