Monday, May 23, 2011

It's good to be back :-)

Good morning gorgeous beings! I hope that you are feeling joy in your hearts and warmth from the sun on your skin today. If it's not sunny where you are, then I will send you some of my sunshine! It's a BEAUTIFUL day in Sebastopol. 

Yesterday was our first day "back" from our cleanse. It feels good to be back, my friends! Yesterday morning Woody and I woke up and made love...(uh, is that appropriate? Can I say that on here?!) ;-) And PANCAKES! 



Glorious gluten-free pancakes topped with coconut peanut butter and maple syrup! 
Oh so good!

We spent the rest of the morning cruising around the Farmer's Market and Whole Foods which are perfectly placed right next to each other! I love being around people and food! 

After that we came home and made lunch. 


Fresh garden greens topped with a butternut squash tamale, a sunny side up egg, salsa, goat cheese and avocado. Pure bliss :-) 

Then we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening on a gorgeous hike with the doggies! I didn't happen to snap any photos of the beautiful scenery. However I did get a picture of this:


Our snack :-) Super SWEET strawberries and cherries that we picked up from the Farmer's Market earlier in the day. 


Happy us! 

And sweet doggies:





YAY! :-)

After the hike, Woody and I stopped at the Russian River Brewing Company for a Pliny the Elder. (For those of you who are beer drinkers out there: if you're a fan of IPA's and ever have the opportunity to drink a Pliny, please do! Such sweet, sweet, hoppy nectar.) Even though I typically avoid gluten, I still drink beer :-) I'm not allergic to gluten, nor do I seem to have any intense sensitivity to it, but I still prefer to not have very much of it in my diet. I feel a bit lighter when I don't eat it and I think I digest food better when I don't have a ton of gluten in my belly. Beer is a different story though. I like having beer in my belly :-) Hehe. But NOT a beer belly though!

Yesterday was a perfect day! And today is already off to a wonderful start. I made Leanne's Sleepy Cookie Dough Cheesecake Verrines for breakfast, although they didn't turn out nearly as beautiful as hers. The layering didn't really work out that well. But it was still incredibly delicious!



Topped with a little cereal and some cacoa nibs. 

Well beautiful ones, now I'm off to do some yoga and then head outside for some gardening. Tonight Woody and I are having some dear friends over for dinner. I don't know what we're going to make yet! Haha. I'm not much of a planner! We'll figure it out though. 

Before I go, here are a few new garden pics:




 Such sexy greens!

 There is still much more planting that needs to be done in our back garden plot. There's Woody working away! 
Our dream catcher star structure! We're planting peas, morning glories and moon flowers around it to climb up the sides. It's going to be our magical little chillin' zone. Wanna come over?!? 

Have a sweet, lovely day my friends. Thank you so much for being my friends and readers. I truly cherish and appreciate you. Keep shining and lighting up the world with your own unique, individual beauty :-) 

And don't be shy! Please leave me comments. It makes my heart so happy to read them! I want to meet you and know who you are. If you've been reading for a while and have never commented before, then today's the day! :-)

Much love <3