Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Zucchininess

Hello my friends :-) I'm packing up and getting ready to head down to Santa Cruz for a couple of days to surf, hike, eat good food and hang out with Woody's sister and her boyfriend. I'm stoked! I love Santa Cruz. Too bad Emilia is soaking up the magic of Hawaii right now, otherwise I would be planning a meet-up with her. We're just going to miss each other. Boo. 

So, if you've been reading my blog lately, you may have noticed I've been talking about zucchini a little bit. I have been trying to come up with creative ways of using it because our garden just keeps on thinking we don't have enough already! 

This is what we're dealing with at the moment.


It's a damn shame that I kinda sorta just realized that I don't really like zucchini that much. :-( Except for when it's baked into a sweet bread or muffin of some sort. 




But yesterday I discovered that zucchini is a wonderful addition to a frittata!

 Mmm yum :-) Shredded (green and yellow) zucchini, onions, garlic, potatoes, broccoli, black olives and eggs (of course.) 


 A zucchini filled breakfast. That's chocolate zucchini bread chillin with my frittata. (I'll post the recipe later if you would like it!)


I ended up spreading soft serrano chili goat cheese and bilberry jam on my frittata and adding a few strawberries to the mix. Good decision :-) 

Later on in the day, I had a delicious little dessert bowl. 

Greek yogurt, chocolate zucchini bread, strawberries and chopped almonds. Mmm...looking at this makes me want to eat it again, RIGHT NOW! 

Yesterday evening Woody took some gorgeous photos of the garden that I would like to share. 





















Wow, so beautiful it kind of takes my breath away. 


Okay loves, I'm off to eat some breakfast and then hit the road! I hope you all have a beautiful day! 

Something to reflect on: 

"You are the laboratory
and every day is an experiment.
Go and find what is new
and unexpected."
-Joel Elkes

I hope that on your quest for something new to experience you encounter beauty that takes your breath away.

<3