Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Getting sunburned and making muffins.

Hey beauty loves :-) I hope your week is off to a beautiful start so far.

I'm sitting here feeling so foolish and sorry for myself right now :-( I had a BEAUTIFUL day yesterday. I spent all day playing in the river and basking in the sun with my sweet lover and doggies. It was wonderful. But I got SO sunburned :-( My skin is so red and hot and mad at me right now. I know sunburns are a a part of life and can just happen sometimes but I still feel so bad. I usually get really brown in the summer from spending so much time outside. But it seems that I usually get burnt once before I start getting really tan. Luckily we have an amazing Aloe plant grown with lots of love that I'm using to soothe my poor skin. I'm bummed because I had planned on going to yoga this morning but I just couldn't bare the thought of practicing in a heated studio. I think it would aggravate the burn. So I am just chillin' right now, trying to heal my skin.

Here is a video from yesterday. Woody was decorating my tummy with little rocks. He didn't actually mean to take a video. He thought he was taking a photo ;-) 


 So, at least I had a lot of fun while I was getting sunburnt! 
(I have a couple more videos that I have been trying forever to post! But for some reason I'm unable to upload them! :-( Oh well.) 

The other morning, Woody and I went out for breakfast at Flavor. It was delicious :-) 

We both ordered cappuccinos.


 

 I got the Chilaquiles. (Yum)

 And Woody got the Eggs Benedict.

 As much as I love making breakfast at home, going out for breakfast can be such a treat sometime :-) 

So, if you don't like zucchini or are getting sick of muffins then you're going to hate me. Why? Because I have another zucchini muffin recipe for you! I'm sorry but I just gotta keep using up the zucchini. And I LOVE muffins so it's a perfect way to use the zucchini for me! :-) If you happen to have any good zucchini recipes, PLEASE pass them on my way! :-)

Sweet Potato Zucchini Spelt Muffins
(Adapted from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan)

2 tbsp flax meal
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
1 cup pureed sweet potato
1 cup finely grated zucchini
1/4 cup honey (I wanted to use maple syrup but I was all out!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups spelt flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flax meal and milk in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the sweet potato, zucchini, honey, vanilla and coconut oil. Add in the milk-flax meal mixture. Stir well. Then add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until combined. Gently fold in the walnuts, raisins and chocolate chips. Lightly oil your muffins tin or use muffin tin liners. Fill them about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.







Another beautiful and delicious muffin! Success :-)

But seriously, do you have any good zucchini recipes? I am open to anything! Not just muffins :-) Please share if you got something good!

Sending much love to all my beautiful friends and readers. Wishing you a beautiful day! <3