Friday, June 12, 2015

Pregnancy #2 Week 21 :)

Here I am at 21 weeks pregnant...over halfway! And I am just trippin' about how fast it's going! This pregnancy is still proving to be more challenging and less enjoyable than my first pregnancy, but there are some days that are REALLY, really good and for that I am grateful :) 

What Fruit are you? This week it's a cantaloup ;) 

Due date: October 21st

How far along: 21 weeks :)

Next appointment: Our next midwife appointment is July 1st!

Gender: Boy! It's official :) I love how my intuition was right on. Same with when I was pregnant with Ava! 



Total weight gain/loss: I'm not totally sure but, I think around 15 lbs. I feel HUGE though. I am carrying so differently this pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Ava I managed to stay pretty lean in  my body through almost my whole pregnancy. I definitely rounded out more at the end. But, the majority of my weight was right in my belly. This time, I am carrying weight EVERYWHERE. And for some reason, I am kind of having a hard time with it :/ When I was pregnant with Ava, I really enjoyed and embraced gaining weight and getting big. It was exciting! And I felt beautiful, vibrant, radiant and sexy! But, this time...I just feel large and awkward. Pretty much everything about this pregnancy is different! I am SO hormonal and have moments of insecurity. I need to try to just remain positive and enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible though, because it's the last time I'm ever going to be pregnant! 

Exercise: Exercise remains the same. I'm still going to the gym 2-3 times a week and doing a mix of weights and body weight exercises with bursts of cardio mixed in. Feeling good. I'm still not doing as much yoga as I'd like to. But, I've made a plan with a friend (who I took prenatal yoga classes with when I was pregnant with Ava) to start doing private sessions at my house once a week. 

Here's a video of me doing my pregnancy version of burpees at the gym today ;) 


Stretch marks: No new ones!

Swelling: Yeah, actually...a little bit! Just the other day I noticed that my feet, ankles and legs were looking swollen at the end of the day. And I also just feel a little swollen all over my body! That might just be the extra weight I'm putting on though. 

Maternity clothes: Yep! In fact, I'm rocking a pair of super sexy maternity jeans today! ;)



Belly button: Popping out and looking so funny! You can even see it through my shirts :/ 
  
Sleep: Pretty good. But, often times when I wake up in the middle of the night I have a hard time falling back asleep again. 

Food cravings: Hmm...nothing very specific at the moment. I crave a smoothie pretty much every morning...usually with lots of cacao ;) My favorite lately has been this super simple yet, delicious blend of coconut water, dates, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cacao powder, vanilla and salt :) Sometimes I add protein powder and/or almond butter too. SO good!!!! Salads are especially yummy right now, especially with crunchy romaine lettuce. JalapeƱo cheesy puffs fo sho. Spaghetti was one that popped up for me recently. But, nothing very serious. Like, I never get a craving that feels like OMG, I NEED that!!! 

Symptoms: Overall, I've been feeling a lot better than I was the first few months! I am still having up and down days and am pretty hormonal, but I feel a bit more balanced. And my body is feeling pretty good too. I have lots of energy most days and finally feel like I've hit that pregnancy "sweet spot." I *may* even be starting to GLOW!!! ;) 

Movement:  Yes! But, but not very much. I keep expecting and wanting to feel him move more, but it's been very subtle and sporadic. And it feels different than I remember Ava feeling at this point in my pregnancy. I seem to recall Ava's movement feeling very fluttery and much like a fish swimming around. But this baby boy gives me more of a tumbling feeling, if that makes sense! It's hard to explain...it's just different. Just as everything is this time! 

Labor signs: Nope. 

What I miss:  I can't say that I miss much at the moment! I've been allowing myself the occasional glass of wine or champagne so I don't really feel deprived in that department. I've even eaten some raw fish! So I don't miss sushi either. I guess I could say I miss my body a little bit :/ I feel like I had just reached a point where I was getting my body back after having Ava, and was feeling really strong and fit...and then I got pregnant again! So it's kind of a process of letting go and accepting :) 

What I'm loving: I feel really good today...so I am just loving life! Feeling positive :) 

What I'm looking forward to: In just a few days we leave for the midwest to visit family and to attend Woody's sister's wedding! In terms of pregnancy, I'm looking forward to feeling the baby move more! And looking forward to meeting him in about 5 months! 

Best moment this week: There have been some really good moments the last few weeks. We had Ava's 2nd birthday which was super sweet. Then last weekend, I hosted a blessingway at my house for a dear friend of mine who is pregnant and just a few months ahead of me. It was a beautiful day of ceremony, sisterhood and love! 

Now, here are some of my most recent belly pics! :)

 19 weeks :)
19 Weeks :)

21 weeks :)

I'll be back soon with another update! I'm excited to see how this pregnancy progresses! I hope I continue to feel good through most, if not, ALL of it. We'll see how huge and uncomfortable I get at the end! ;)