Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pregnancy #2 Week 15

Wow, it has been a LONG time since I've posted! I thought it would be a good idea to start doing pregnancy updates for friends and family. Especially because most of mine and Woody's family lives so far away. I may not be back to blogging permanently, but I at least want to do pregnancy posts for family, friends...and myself! 

So, I am currently 15 weeks pregnant! Woody and I conceived in Kauai, on a mini honeymoon right after we got married on the island. A super magical beginning to this new journey! I found out we were pregnant the day we got home, although I KNEW I was pregnant the whole time we were in Kauai. I took two pregnancy tests while we were there, but it was too early for them to show up positive. I took another test the day we got back. Literally the moment we walked in the door ;)

What Fruit are you? Baby is the size of a pear ;)

Due date: October 21st (ish)

How far along: 15 weeks!
  
Next appointment: May 26th (We have the same midwife as we did for my pregnancy with Ava.)

Gender: I feel positive that it's a boy! I was dreaming about a baby boy even before I got pregnant. If it's a girl, I will be extremely shocked! I think we are going to find out the gender this time. Last time we kept it a surprise, and I LOVED the mystery and magic of that experience. But, this time I think we are going to find out! I'm hoping it will still be a special and magical experience. Just different. 

Total weight gain/loss: I think I have gained about 6 lbs, which I believe is less than I had gained at this point in my pregnancy with Ava. I find that interesting, because I feel like I am showing so much quicker this time and I already feel so much bigger than I was with Ava! 

Exercise: When I was pregnant with Ava, I stopped going to the gym and working out with my personal trainer. Instead, I went on lots of walks, did lots of prenatal yoga, and did fun little pregnancy workout DVD's at home. But, this time I thought I would try to stick with going to the gym and keeping up with the heavier weights and stuff. I've been training 2-3 times a week. And so far so good. I feel like I really need to bring yoga back in my life though. And as I get farther along, I may decide to take a break from the gym and just do my own workouts at home. 

Stretch marks: No new ones!

Swelling: Nope!

Maternity clothes: I saved a lot of my maternity clothes from my last pregnancy, but I haven't busted out too many of them yet. I have had to switch to bigger bras already though! I am still fitting into most of my tops. As for pants, even my yoga pants and comfy leggings are starting to feel snug, so I may need to do something about that soon!
 
Belly button: Looks weird. I swear it is already trying to pop out! That didn't happen when I was pregnant with Ava until I was much farther along. But, I guess my belly button has never looked quite the same since then anyway. 

Sleep: Would be a lot better if I didn't have a 2 year old! ;) But, seriously it's not that bad. Thankfully Ava sleeps through the night most nights. And if she does wake up, it's Woody's job to get her back to sleep. After over a year and a half of being the one waking up multiple times in the night to nurse Ava, it's now Woody's turn to deal with nighttime wakings! 

Food cravings: I feel like my cravings are not as intense as they were my first pregnancy. I'm just grateful I have an appetite! For the first couple months, NOTHING sounded good to me. But, I was nauseous all the time and knew I needed to eat...so it was a struggle. I ended up eating about a million pretzels and 2 smoothies every day. These days the foods that appeal to me the most (although I wouldn't necessarily call them cravings) are: smoothies, granola, romaine lettuce (kinda random, right? I specifically can't get enough of this salad made with romaine, shaved carrot and radish, toasted nori chips, avocado and sesame ranch dressing) fruit, cheese...and that's all I can think of right now! 

Symptoms: Growing belly, peeing a lot already, moody/hormonal, a few headaches here and there, random sacrum pain...(I feel like I am having a harder time with this pregnancy than I did with my first. When I was pregnant with Ava, I felt AMAZING, like I was just floating on a cloud of bliss the whole time. There were some minor discomforts of course, but this time, everything just feels harder.) :/

Movement: Not yet. There have been a couple times where I thought I might have felt a little flutter, but it could have been gas ;) It's a little early still, but they say you can usually feel movement earlier after your first pregnancy. 

Labor signs: Nope!

What I miss: WINE!!! (Although, now that I am out of the first trimester I have been allowing myself a small glass here and there. I just sip it slowly, drink lots of water with it and make sure I don't have an empty stomach.) 

What I'm loving: I'm not sure yet! I'll get back to you on that. Even though we wanted another baby and it happened around the time we were planning on it, I'm still having a bit of a tough time. I think a lot of it has to do with having a toddler (who can be very intense sometimes!) Life can just be a little stressful, and I don't think I've had the opportunity to really relax into the pregnancy and love it yet. But, we did get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday and I almost burst into tears. That was the best moment so far.

What I'm looking forward to: Being in love with being pregnant! I'm looking forward to that pregnancy sweet spot. I think I remember it kicking in between 20 and 30 weeks...where you have a big belly and you get that glow and feel really good! Right now, I have a little belly...but mostly look bloated. I'm kinda tired and lacking in energy. And I'm happy, but also feeling super hormonal. I'm also looking forward to finding out if the baby is a boy like I'm feeling it is so strongly! 

Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat for sure :)

Here's the first belly pic I took at about 12 weeks :)

13 weeks

14 weeks

I haven't taken a 15 week photo yet, but I pretty much look the same as I do in the 14 week photo ;)

And just for the heck of it, here are some photos of my beautiful almost 2 year old girl! (She turns 2 on May 27th...I can hardly believe it!) 






I love her <3

I hope you have a beautiful day and I'll be back soon for another update!!! :)