Monday, April 1, 2013

Coconut Cocoa Sweet Potato Chili

Hello beautiful, lovely beings!

It's been a hot minute minute since I've posted a recipe. But, I made something uber delicious the other day and I actually wrote down the recipe! So, I am happy to share with you this glorious creation...



*Coconut Cocoa Sweet Potato Chili*

1 can black beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can white navy beans
3 cans fire roasted tomatoes (no salt added)
1 large sweet potato
3-4 carrots
3-4 small potatoes
1 onion
5 or so garlic cloves
1 bag of frozen corn
Several large handfuls of spinach
Various peppers (I think I did 2 pablano peppers and 2 anaheim chilis)
1 can full-fat coconut milk
2 veggie bouillon cubes
About 4 cups of water or so (enough to cover veggies)
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp cumin powder
3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
3-4 tbsp maple syrup

Get your self a big soup pot because this makes a lot! Here's what you do: Chop all your veggies (including the onion, garlic and peppers) and throw them in the pot! Add the beans (after you've drained and rinsed them), the fire roasted tomatoes, the veggie bouillon cubes, the water and your spices. You will add the coconut milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, corn and spinach later. Bring the contents of the pot to a boil, then cover it with a lid, turn the heat down to medium/low and let simmer until all the veggies are nice and soft. Then you can add the coconut milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, frozen corn and as much fresh spinach as you like. Give everything a a good stir and then cover the pot again to let the spinach wilt and allow all the flavors to mingle really well. Then it's pretty much done! 

I made this while enjoying a perfectly sweet day with some of my favorite ladies and their little boys :)


Here is our lovely spread of delicious eats :)


And there was some of this too ;)


And you can bet your sweet ass I indulged in a few sips of that champagne! Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't have a sip! And the strawberries and chocolate...mmm, it was divine! 


The little ones <3


Playing so sweetly :)



I love hanging out with little ones and getting a taste of what it's going to be like when I have my baby. This was such a beautiful day that warmed my heart and nourished my body and soul. There is almost nothing better than good friends and good food <3

I will be back soon with a pregnancy update! Belly is getting big, that's for sure. I went to a prenatal yoga class this morning which was absolutely amazing. I have been going to a class once or twice a week lately and practicing at home as well. I have been working out a little here and there too. I'm trying to stay active as much as possible even though I have been feeling unbearably tired some days. I will give more details when I do my next pregnancy update. Almost 32 weeks! Eeeeee! 

Lots of love and bright, shiny blessings <3