Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"What I ate Wednesday" and 29 weeks pregnant!!!

Hello loves :) It's time for another pregnancy update! I thought I'd also hop on the WIAW train this week since it's been a while. 

The theme this month is What I ate Wednesday Goes GREEN! Which is awesome because I have definitely been getting down with lots of kale and green smoothies and yummy stuff like that :)


Be sure to click on the link above and check out all the other WIAW posts. Big thanks to Jenn for creating and hosting the weekly link up. And huge congratulations to her as well...she's pregnant too! I'm so happy and excited for her :)
What I have for you today is not one day's worth of eats. It's just a collection of things I've been eating lately. So, here goes!
I have been on a big smoothie kick lately. I have one for breakfast almost every morning!
Berrylicious Beet Smoothie!
I think this one was just frozen blueberries, beets, celery, carrots, ice, coconut oil, lemon and water. Although there might have been some frozen banana in there too. And maybe an apple. Shoot! I made this a while ago and now I can't remember ;) But, it was berry good and super nourishing. 
Uber Green Smoothie!

I'm pretty sure this one was frozen banana, apple, celery, kale, chard, lemon and water. Super light and refreshing....and surprisingly sweet! 
If I don't have a smoothie for breakfast, I usually have some form of eggs. 
This was scrambled eggs with kale and chard. Topped with shredded goat cheese and sauerkraut. A slice of buttered toast on the side. Super delicious, solid breakfast right there!
I have really been into wraps lately too!
I think this was a slightly weird combo. But, I loved it! Hummus, chicken apple sausage, goat cheese, greens, pickles, green oilves...and I'm pretty darn sure I put some ketchup in there too, by golly! Recently when I made a similarly strange food combo, I asked Woody if he thought it was a weird pregnancy craving or just an Alaina thing. He said it was an Alaina thing ;)
Let's see...what else? 
Delicious salad!
This was greens, avocado, orange, green onions, cottage cheese, black pepper and a drizzle of balsamic. Yum :) 
Ooooo....this was REALLY good! This was a variation of THIS recipe from Ashley at Edible Perspective. Basically the ingredients I used were kale, chickpeas, oranges, brown rice couscous topped with a yummy dressing. 
I'm proud of myself because all these pictures make it look like I have been eating really healthy lately! But, there has also been a lot of this kind of stuff. 

I've been having fierce peanut butter cravings lately. And also craving cookies. So, naturally I've been baking lots of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. These are Mama Pea's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls. But, I've also been making my recipe for Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, which I like even better ;)
So, now that we've covered the food...it's time for the pregnancy update!!
How far along: 29 weeks! I can't believe it. Only 11 more weeks to go :)
Baby's size: According to one source, the size of a cabbage! (17 in, 2.9 lbs)
Total weight gain: I think around 25 pounds already! That may seem like a lot, but I was pretty tiny to begin with. I was 110 pounds when I got pregnant with a low BMI so I think it is pretty appropriate for me to put on some extra lbs. I am trying to grow a super healthy baby! 
Stretch marks: Just the ones I already had! I haven't discovered any new ones. I am moisturizing every day and I think it's working. In fact, just the other day one of my dear friends was rubbing my belly and she said, "I can tell you've been moisturizing!" ;)
Sleep: Before last night, I would have said that my sleep has been perfect. BUT, last night I woke up around 3:00 am and it felt like the baby was having a dance party in my belly. It felt like there was a Phish show going on in my belly and my baby was JAMMING OUT! I couldn't fall back asleep and then ended up getting super hungry so I had to get up and eat a bowl of cereal. I finally managed to fall back asleep eventually, but I am super tired today. Aside from occasional nights like that, I have been sleeping peacefully. I fall asleep around 10 or 11, get up to pee a few times in the night and then wake up around 7 or 8 in the morning. 
Best moment this week: Hmm...let's see. I can't ever just pick ONE moment. Everything has been so wonderful and magical lately! The weather has been warm and gorgeous so I've been spending lots of time outside. Woody and I went for an awesome hike the other day and had a picnic. Super sweet. I went to a friend's party the other night and had a super fun time dancing around with my big belly. I met a couple other pregnant mamas to be friends with! I went to a ladies clothing swap at a friend's house the other night. It was a really special heart warming, soul nourishing evening with beautiful woman. Woody and I went on a romantic date last night. I have been feeling pretty good with lots of energy so I have been taking advantage of that and doing a little workout and/or yoga almost every day! We had a midwife appointment yesterday and listened to the baby's heartbeat and talked a lot about the birth. It's all becoming so real as we get closer to the due date! So many good moments. This is such a wonderful, joyful time in my life :)
Miss anything? Sometimes I miss feeling "normal." I am super aware of how big my belly is getting, the extra weight I'm carrying, the extra space my body occupies and the rearranging of my internal organs as my uterus grows and takes over! There are a lot of strange sensations and some uncomfortable moments. But, it's all worth it! 
Movement: Uhhhh yeah...dance party last night! And consistent movement on a daily basis. I love every little bump and kick. It makes me feel more connected to the baby every time I feel him/her move. Woody loves to place his hands on my belly and feel the movements too :) I even woke him up at one point last night and made him feel my belly. I was like, "DUDE! You gotta feel this!" 
Food cravings: Smoothies, cereal, peanut butter, cookies, cheese, eggs fried in coconut oil...the list goes on.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really. I just have to make sure I don't allow myself to get too hungry. Or get too full! Cuz then I feel uncomfortable. 
Gender: Don't know! Lately everyone has been guessing boy. 
Symptoms: Growing belly, round ligament pain, braxton hicks contractions, peeing a lot...the usual. 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Tomorrow I have TWO separate photo shoots for belly pictures. One of my friends is going to be taking nude photos of me to do a painting! Stoked! I'm also looking forward to our baby shower next week! And of course meeting the baby :)
Check out Woody being more pregnant than me! This is at 26 weeks :)

And here I am at 27 weeks.




And at 29 weeks! 






I am so in love with being pregnant :) I feel so joyful and blessed! 
Lots of love and blessings to you all! 
<3
Here are the links to my previous pregnancy updates if you'd like to get caught up and see how far I've come! 
Week #8-15 Pregnancy Update
Week #17 Pregnancy Update
Week #19 Pregnancy Update
Week #19 Pregnancy Pictures
Week #22-26 Pregnancy Update