Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WIAW (and a little bit of this and that!)

Hey loves! I gotta admit, I feel a little bit like Nicole right now. She recently wrote a great post about the awkwardness that sometimes comes with returning to blogging after a long absence. I know it's only been about a week, but I can still relate to that tight jeans feeling

Now that summer is coming to an end and I'm not wildly running around to a show or a festival every other weekend, I'd really like to dedicate myself to a more consistent blogging schedule. I have been cooking a lot lately and have been feeling so passionate about it, so I would really like to start posting more recipes. I hardly ever measure ingredients or write anything down when I cook, so the first step is take the time to pay attention when I'm cooking and start recording ingredients, measurements, etc. I'm still baking all the time as well, but I haven't been posting recipes very often. So, my intention is to start sharing more of my kitchen adventures here on the blog! Fall is the perfect time for lots of cooking and baking. :-) 

Speaking of cooking and baking, how about a little WIAW action?! Hop on over to Peas and Crayons to thank Jenn, the amazing hostess and creator of WIAW. But be warned, you may end up spending hours drooling over everyone's tasty eats. In the meantime, here are mine :-) 





Aside from my usual water and yerba mate in the morning, breakfast was something a little different! 

Woody and I made a....

PIZZA!



 We began with some Udi's Gluten-Free pizza crust and topped it with some barbecue sauce.



Then we threw on some fresh spinach and some shredded sweet potato and onion that we had fried in a little olive oil.






Next we added some black olives and some sheep's feta.




Once it was baked, we sliced it up.




And threw on some fried eggs!



That's what I'm talking about!



Breakfast pizza, bitches! (Can I say that????)

Trust me, if you made this pizza, you might be getting all excited and saying that too! 

Anyway....moving on :-) 

Lunch was the same thing, minus the egg.




Dessert was a little bit of this:



I don't even know what you would call these. I was trying to make brownies by sort of following this recipe. But I wanted to make them vegan and with coconut oil and one thing led to another which resulted in something that Woody has been calling "Funnies." Part brownies, part fudge. Funnies. Nice. 



They are actually REALLy tasty, just not what I was going for. But they are already almost gone so obviously we like them :-) 

Other snacks of the day included:



Kombucha


 A sweet, sexy peach. I am IN LOVE with peaches right now. They are my favorite thing :-) 

 Our FIRST melon from the garden! So exciting :-)


 Dinner was a big bowl of nourishing, fulfilling, nutritious, delicious goodness :-) 
 Brown rice cous cous, butternut squash, kale, butter beans and tempeh topped with a super yummy ginger almond butter sauce.

 Happy food for my body and soul!

Here's my WIWW (What I Wore Wednesday) :-)

 And for another fun little thing...here's what my dogs did:


Funny how Django caught on that Woody was recording and he stopped right away! What a punk. But our dogs are seriously so goofy. They do that stuff all the time...lay on their backs, nibble on each other's faces and "talk" to each other. 

Ok, that's all for today! As I said, I am hoping to begin blogging more consistently. It won't be every day, but hopefully it will be more than once a week! In the next few posts, look out for some product reviews (that are WAY overdue...my bad!) and more recipes! Some of my friends have been awaiting a recipe for a certain scrumptious creamy cashew and berry pie that I made recently. Fear not friends, I will post that very soon! 
:-)

Much, much love my dear friends and readers! Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you <3 Have a BEAUTIFUL, blessed day.