Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My life lately...

Hey friends! Did you miss me?! I missed YOU! Sorry about my week long disappearance from blogging. It's been a mixture of being busy AND having fun. Or maybe I've just been busy having fun;-)

Sometimes I don't have time to blog as much as I'd like to. And other times I don't feel like blogging as much as I think I should. (Does that make sense?) It all comes down to finding a balance that works for me that I feel good about. I can only be the type of blogger that I...AM. And if that means that I sometimes go a week (or longer) without blogging, then that's just what I have to do and accept as part of who I am. Word. 

To catch you up, here's a little bit of what I've been up to lately. 

Eating good food, of course :-) 



Mexican style frittata made with eggs, refried beans, corn, onion, garlic, black olives, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, goat cheese topped with avocado and salsa. Served along side some greens and corn muffin :-) 

Hanging with some beautiful friends and catching some good music. Hot Buttered Rum and Poor Man's Whiskey, anyone? 







Coming up with new smoothie combos. (New to me, anyway. That's not to say this hasn't been done before!)

 Vanilla Peanut Butter Peach Green Smoothie

~About 1 cup almond milk
~1/2 frozen banana
~1 peach
~1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
~1 scoop Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein Powder
~1 tbsp chia seeds
~1-2 large handfuls of spinach



Topped with Gorilla Munch :-) Yum. 

Making love, drinking wine and baking apple pie with my love :-) 
(But, you only get to see a photo of one of those things!)
 Baked with love and apples from the trees in our yard!


Having a sweet photo shoot with my mister boy (who is about 10 months old now!) 









 Rearranging my room and discovering some forgotten inspiration under my bed.
I made this little collage probably over a year ago and it offered me some inspiration at the time. I wonder, did I rediscover it because I needed a reminder of some sort? Whatever the case, it is now hanging up on the wall by my bed :-) 

Here's some more good food that I've been eating, because I just can't help myself and just have to show you!


 Let's see...this was some kind of brown rice cous cous and veggie mixture, topped with a fried egg, some avocado and baby tomatoes. Delicious :-) 



Mixed greens topped with a veggie burger, goat cheese, ketchup, pickles and guacamole. 

Of course there has been a lot more happening in my life these days than food and friends, etc. but I just wanted to give you a mini update since it's been a while since I've posted. 

I hope that you all are enjoying your lives and soaking up all the sweetness you can find! Much love and blessings to you! <3