Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIAW (Better late than never!)

Hey, my loves :-)

It's Wednesday night and I'm relaxing with a beer. 


I finally have some time today to bust out my WIAW post! 

So, without further ado, allow me to begin! 

As always, a big THANK YOU to the amazing Jenn at Peas and Crayons, the lovely hostess and mastermind behind this whole operation :-)

Be sure to head on over to Peas and Crayons to say hi to Jenn and get lost in the wonderful world of food :-) 







My day yesterday began no different than many others, with my typical water and tea in the morning, followed by a smoothie for breakfast. 


 It's not a pretty color, I know. But we ALL know, that's not what matters. Let me see if I can remember what was in there. Banana, blueberries, either almond milk or coconut milk, Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder, possibly some dates, maybe some chia seeds and flax seeds....(I really need to start writing this stuff down!) and probably some spinach too. Topped with Perky's Crunchy Flax Cereal and Leapin Lemurs (which are kinda my favorite cereals right now FYI!) 

After breakfast, Woody and I headed out to a beautiful and sweaty 90-minute heated vinyasa flow yoga class at Thrive.

When we got home, I was SUPER hungry and couldn't decide what to make. I was craving several different things at once. So, I decided to just begin with a very MINI bowl of oats. 

 Very banana-y oats topped with some coconut earth balance, ground flax seeds and cinnamon. 

And then, because Woody made them, I just HAD to eat a tiny portion of his nachos. :-) 


Not a very typical lunch for me, but hey, who am I to judge?! 

At some point in the afternoon, I sipped on one of these.

My FAVORITE Kombucha at the moment :-) 

Then, I ended up munching a bunch of these as I was picking them in the garden.


Later on in the evening as I was beginning to get hungry again, an idea blossomed in my mind. It made me go....hmmmmm? for a minute. But then I took it and ran with it. 

 Grilled goat cheese sandwich (on Udi's bread) with bilberry Jam and a fried egg. (On a side note, every single time I type FRIED, I always end up typing FRIEND instead and have to hit backspace.) But, back to the sandwich...

AWESOME. That's all I have to say. 

I pretty much figured that sandwich was going to be dinner, but I got hungry again a little while later so I made another smoothie. 


This one was something like: banana, cherries, spinach, water, Sunwarrior chocolate protein powder and...that might be it. Topped with the same as my morning smoothie: Perky's and Leapin Lemurs. 

Kind of a strange day of eats for me. Not a single salad! But, I'm not complaining. I still felt totally satisfied and nourished. 

And now for the BONUS round!!!

Haha :-) All this means is that I have a few random photos of yummy things I've eaten in the last week or so and they insisted that they be shared. So, here they are: 





Sweet potato topped with black beans, pico de gallo, avocado, cheese, greens and other things, plus a veggie taco. Not from my kitchen though! From a place called Papas and Pollo. It's pretty, huh? :-) 


 Spinach topped with veggie burger, pickles, baked beans and a fried egg. If you are thinking YUM! right now, then you are my friend :-) If not, then ummmmm....well. Whatever. All I have to say is, this was seriously, seriously an awesome combo of flavors. But, I don't know! I might just be weird. Woody looks at very strangely sometimes when I make stuff like this :-) 
 Green beans from the garden, roasted and dipped in a yummy spicy sauce made with vegenaise and "cock sauce" (aka: Sriracha.) 

Mixed greens salad topped with baked beans (left-over from the previous picture) lots of cilantro, fried egg, nutritional yeast and "cock sauce."

Thank you my friends! This concludes my:



Now, I'm off to finish the last few pages of my book! I'm reading The Books Of Pellinor by Alison Croggon. It has been a pretty good fantasy series. It may not the BEST series I've ever read (it ain't no Harry Potter, that's fo sho!) but, I'm still a little sad it's about to be over. If anyone has any good book recommendations, please pass them on! 

Another thing, today marks the one year anniversary of when I officially began moving in with Woody! Yay! We've lived together for a year and we still like each other ;-) 

Okay, I really am done now. Thank you for reading! I really love you whether I know you or not, and you are appreciated :-)