Saturday, August 27, 2011

Peanut Butter S'morenola

Hey beautiful people! Happy Saturday :-) I hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing weekend that is making your heart feel warm and at peace. 

I did something today that I am SO excited about. I'm just going to get right to it!

It all started the other morning when I was reading blogs. I happened to swing by The Diva Dish and practically lost it over Ari's amazing S'mores creations. I hadn't had breakfast yet and all I could think about were S'mores. But, I just couldn't convince myself that it was acceptable to eat S'mores for breakfast (even though Ari told me it was.) So I went ahead and made a smoothie or something. But since then, I haven't been able to stop thinking about S'mores and finding a way I could eat them for breakfast. Then it dawned on me...

And Peanut Butter S'morenola was created :-)


1 cup oats
1 cup graham crackers broken up into small pieces (I used this brand)
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2-1 cup mini marshmallows
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, Perky's crunchy Flax cereal and the graham crackers. In a sauce pan over low-medium heat, melt the coconut oil, honey and peanut butter. Once it is melted, add the vanilla extract. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Lightly oil a baking sheet and evenly spread the granola on it. Bake for about 15 minutes. But, be sure to check on it EVERY 3-5 minutes and stir it, because it can burn quickly. Once it has turned slightly golden brown, remove it from the oven and immediately transfer to a bowl. Add in your marshmallow and stir. I placed the hot baking sheet over the bowl to let the marshmallows get hot and melty. Then I stirred it again in a few minutes. Once it has cooled completely, you can add your chocolate chips. (You could also add your chocolate chips in before you bake the granola, if you want it to get melty, but I wanted the chocolate chips to stay whole.) Makes about 4 1/2 cups. 




YAY! It's ALMOST like eating S'mores for breakfast. Works for me! Next on my list is S'mores Pancakes. :-) 

Do you like S'mores? Would you eat them for breakast? 

Have a beautiful night! (Or day! Or morning! Whenever you happen to be reading this. Have a beautiful *right now*) Much love <3