Sunday, July 31, 2011

Feeling complete (with food, friends and yoga)

Hi loves! Happy Sunday :-) I hope everyone is having a BEAUTIFUL weekend and feeling ALIVE, blessed and grateful! :-)

I'd say my day is off to a pretty good start ;-) 



Peanut Flour Pancakes 

1/2 cup Pamela's Gluten-Free Baking Mix
1/2 cup peanut flour
2 eggs
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract


Topped with peanut butter, banana and a drizzle of maple syrup. I totally would have added chocolate chips to the batter if I hadn't been making these for Woody too. Sometimes I just don't understand that boy. The other day I offered him a bite of a cookie and he said, "No thanks, I'm not in the mood for cookies right now." Not in the mood for cookies?! I can't say I've ever experienced that reality! :-) 

Anyway...moving on. 

Aside from pancakes, some of my other recent breakfast meals have included:

Green smoothie in a bowl topped with cereal and chia seeds. 

And of course there's always:
 Eggs :-) Mmmm....
The particular breakfast consisted of mixed greens topped with a fried egg, nutritional yeast, sriracha, a few pickle slices and a piece of Udi's toast. 

Typically I like eating sweet things for breakfast (pancakes, smoothies, cereal, oats, etc.) But every once in a while, I crave something savory. Eggs are awesome :-) 

In other food news:

Huge salads have been very present in my life lately :-)

 Let's see if I can remember everything that's in there! 
Mixed greens, kale, tomatoes, baked sweet potato, pickles, olives, tuna, avocado and goat cheese. This salad was so flavorful, I didn't even need to use salad dressing. 

This salad was:
Mixed greens, kale, tomatoes, crumbled veggie burger, olives and pickles. Topped with hummus and nutritional yeast. 

Thank goodness for salads! My life just wouldn't feel complete without them. 

Another thing my life wouldn't feel complete without?

Friends. 

Summertime is the perfect time for gathering with friends for barbecues and potlucks. Recently, Woody and I had quite the epic party at our house :-) Then a few days ago, my good friend, Lindsey hosted a gathering at her house for our friend, Matty's birthday. (Matty and I actually dated for about 6 years before Woody and I got together. We're still really good friends.)

 Lindsey decided to really embarrass Matty by putting out some old photos of him from middle school and high school. Hehe :-) 





 Uh oh, look out. Tequila shots! 


Good times! I wish I had taken more photos but, sometimes it's hard to remember when you're having so much fun :-) 

Speaking of things that make my life complete, I feel like there is definitely something missing in my life at the moment. 

Yoga.

I have been so inconsistent with my practice lately and I think it's really beginning to effect me. When I practice on a regular basis, I notice a difference in my entire being and quality of life. I feel brighter, lighter, more grounded (is that on oxymoron?? Feeling light and grounded at the same time?) Anyway, I feel more whole and complete with yoga in my life. So, my intention is to just really try to bring it back into my life and practice consistently. If I can't make it to the studio for whatever reason, then I'll just practice at home. The important thing for me is to just take the time to really drop in to my breath and body. 

Thanks for listening!

Is there anything in your life that you feel like is missing or that you need to bring back into your life? 

I hope you all have an amazing day that leaves a smile on your face and your heart feeling full <3