Saturday, June 18, 2011

How Sweet It Is *Guest Post from Leanne at Healthful Pursuit!*

I have such a special treat for you today! One of my very best blog friends who I deeply adore is here to share some of her sweetness with you. Leanne is so amazingly talented and creative. She blows my mind with every single one of her posts! I hope you enjoy her as much as I do. :-)

Hello, Sweetness of Life readers! I'm Leanne and I blog over at Healthful Pursuit. I'm a holistic nutritionist with a passion for healthy treats, whole food eats, and balanced living.



As you all know, Alaina truly loves and appreciates life. She maintains a positive outlook, and is constantly reminding all of us to live in the moment and take in the sweetness that the universe has to offer us. So, I thought; what better way to honor sweetness, than by sharing some of the things that bring sweetness to my life everyday?

Nutritious eats

Because of my crazy allergies, all of my recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, and 9 times out of 10 they're vegan too!

My girlfriend, Emily and I met at our favorite vegetarian restaurant a couple of months ago and she ordered a gluten-free flat bread. It smelt so good, I just had to recreate it. A day after, Emily’s Portabella Flatbread with Walnut “Cheese” was born!



Alaina got so excited when I posted the recipe for my Vegan Creamy Honey Dijon Salad + Omega Croutons! It wasn't long until she made omega croutons of her own.



I made these Raw Carrot Cake “Cheese”cakes for dessert when my boyfriends' family came for a visit from Germany. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, chatting, drinking tea, and trying to finish our cakes. [They're so filling!]



My mom and I enjoyed Strawberry Cinnamon Shortcake Sandwiches on a rainy Sunday morning and got lost in conversation for hours.



Filling my body with nutritious eats is the #1 way I show myself I love me because when you truly love yourself, anything is possible.

Love



Receiving love from the people around me is just as important as the love I show for myself. Having someone in my life that knows me down to my soul, keeps me grounded during the tough times that are bound to rock my ship. Sharing opinions, dreams, experiences, and laughter with my family helps us all stay purposeful and focused on the things that matter most!

Positive thoughts



Our negative thoughts are toxic – like the ever expanding ripples across water when an object is dropped into it, a negative thought can be followed outwards incrementally, affecting our overall happiness.

It wasn't until recently that I started thinking happy thoughts as a way to evolve my self-esteem. Health, romance, love, peace, harmony, abundance and happiness are just some of the topics I like to attach positive thoughts to. Feel free to join me in discovering how fantastic you can feel when you believe in you!

So there you have it, just a couple of things that keep my life as sweet as it can be. What are yours?