Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Coconut Oil and stuff :-)

Hey my beautiful friends! I feel a little weird not doing a WIAW post today! They're so fun :-)  I usually photograph all my eats on Tuesday in preparation for WIAW, but this Tuesday's eats were really not worth mentioning. My beautiful friend Abby (who you may have seen if you looked at my last post about Harmony Festival) had her esthetics exam yesterday and I was her model. It was pretty much an all day affair and all I ate was an apple, a bunch of nuts, snack bars and stuff like that! It definitely was not worth sharing.

However, my breakfast this morning may be worth sharing!



A bed of fresh garden greens and cilantro topped with slices of baked sweet potato, baked beans, a perfectly runny fried egg topped with black pepper and drizzle of sriracha. 

I usually like to eat sweet things for breakfast and save the savory foods for lunch and dinner, but this is what I was feeling this morning, so I went for it. I'm glad I did :-) It was WONDERFUL :-) 

So, I really want to talk to you about coconut oil now. Is that ok? ;-)

Recently I was offered a sample of Kelapo Coconut Oil to review. What a treat! 




I have tried many different brands of coconut oil and have settled on Artisana as my favorite. But after trying Kelapo, I'm not so sure anymore! I have been disappointed in the past when trying out a new brand of coconut oil. If it doesn't have a coconutty taste and smell, I'm totally turned off. I mean, what's the point if it doesn't smell or taste like coconut, right? Kelapo pleased me right away with it's strong coconutty aroma and flavor. I loved it so much that I've already used up the whole jar! 




I also made sure to rub plenty of the oil all over my body because that's the perfect way to test out coconut oil, I think ;-) 

Check out Kelapo's Website to read about the history of coconuts, some benefits and uses of coconut oil as well as some wonderful recipes. 

So, in a couple hours Woody and I are hopping in the car and heading towards the San Francisco airport to fly to Michigan. We're going to visit Woody's family. I am hoping to do some blogging while I'm there but I'm also planning on having a couple people do some guests posts as well. A couple beautiful, amazing friends have already committed to doing a guest post for me, but if anyone else has the time and is inspired to do one as well, I would be so stoked and appreciative! And I would definitely return the favor if/when needed. I know this is short notice again! But, I will be gone for a week so if anyone is interested in coming up with a guest post during that time, just shoot me an email. And next time, I will try to give more notice! ;-) I'm going to be all over the place this summer so my blogging schedule may not be very consistent. I'm going to do what I can though!

Much love to each and every one of you! Thank you so much for reading! :-)

Questions:
Do you use coconut oil?
If so, what is your favorite brand?
And, what is your favorite recipe using coconut oil?