Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIAW + other news!

Good morning my bright, beautiful friends! 

Before I get to the WIAW shenanigans, I wanted to share some exciting news with you. Today I have the honor of being featured as a guest on Leanne's Blog (Healthful Pursuit). Be sure to head on over there to check out some sweet deliciousness. 

Here is a sneak peak at what you will find over there!


In other news, my beautiful and amazingly talented friend Tessa makes the most wonderful natural, organic, herbal body products and she just launched her website yesterday! Yay! Go Tessa! We went to herb school together and she definitely knows her stuff. Please go check it out at Lychee Therapeutics. Tessa's products are high quality, totally effective and made with love. Plus they don't have any yucky, sketchy artificial ingredients in them. They are totally pure and good for you! (Woody and I are on her website doing yoga for her Wounda Bar! Fun!) 

And now, let's get to the food stuff. It's time for another WIAW hosted by the amazing Jenn at Peas and Crayons.












Yesterday morning, I drank a ton of water as soon as I got out of bed. That was soon followed by a wonderful mug of Yerba Mate with a dash of cinnamon. Then I ate a sweet, delicious white peach from the Farmer's Market.


A little later in the morning, I decided to make a frittata! We all know how much I love them. Check out my recipe page for some killer frittata recipes! 


This one was made with 5 eggs, mushrooms, asparagus, kale, black olives and goat cheese. 
 I ate a slice with two pieces of Udi's toast for breakfast. It was lovely!

Soon after breakfast, I headed out to a training session with my personal trainer. It was a killer session! Gorden worked me super hard! I was definitely feeling the burn and am feeling sore today. 

When I got home I wanted a little something but I wasn't ready for lunch yet, so I just had this mixed with water and almond milk. 


Then I had one of these because I just couldn't help myself :-)


That's a frozen cookie dough ball dipped in coconut oil and chocolate. It was from my brown rice flour baking adventures yesterday. 

Lunch was more frittata! I chopped up a slice and put it on a bed of greens topped with a bunch of ketchup.  It's weird, for some reason I am craving ketchup like crazy! I was craving it a lot while we were on our cleanse, even though I'm usually not super crazy about it. Anyway, now that we're done cleansing, I find myself putting ketchup on everything. 


Later on in the afternoon, I sipped on this:


And had a bite of this:


For dinner I had more ketchup! Underneath it was a bunch of greens, baked sweet potato, chicken apple sausage (I had a random meat craving!), tomatoes, avocado and black olives. I also put on a little mustard to go along with the ketchup. It looks a little weird but it was so good! 

Dessert was crumbles of my failed attempt at baking with brown rice flour. Broken cookies and brownies in a bowl with some Perky's crunchy flax cereal, a scoop of Mocha Maca Crunch coconut bliss and a splash of coconut milk. A totally random dessert bowl that came together beautifully and tasted divine. Mmm :-) 

Today is a rainy day and I'm cuddled up on the couch under a blanket. But the kitchen beckons to me. I sense some baking happening in the near future! 

I hope you all have a fantastic day filled with love, abundance, joy and gratitude!

Much love!