Thursday, March 10, 2011

Food is awesome.

Woody and I went grocery shopping today and picked up a ton of goodies. I'm stoked :-)


I love food. Isn't is awesome? 

Lunch was so pretty and perfect today. 


Sliced baked sweet potato + steamed kale and carrots with almond butter sauce = bliss :-) 


For the sweet potatoes, I just cut them into slices about 1/2 inch thick, lightly drizzled them with olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and baked them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. I then flipped them over and baked them for 10 more minutes. THEN, I turned the oven up to 400 degrees and baked them for 5 more minutes on each side. They turned out so sweet and delicious. Slightly crispy on the outside and super soft, like melt in your mouth, like woah, on the inside ;-) Yummmm. For the kale salad, I just steamed the kale and carrots and then whipped together a yummy almond butter sauce:

  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 2 tbsp tamari
  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • stevia to taste
So simple and delish! I then topped the salad with hemp seeds, sesame seeds and red chili pepper flakes. It was pretty much awesome. I love eating beautiful food that is healthy and comforting and feels nourishing all the way to my soul! 

Dinner tonight was NOT as healthy as lunch. But it's ok! Everything balances out. Woody and I went to this restaurant called Underwood Bar and Bistro. They have these ridiculous harissa french fries that are super spicy and quite possibly the best fries I have ever had in my life. 





We also got the tuna tartar, the beet salad and a creamy chick pea soup. Somehow we didn't get a picture of the tuna tartar. We inhaled it before I remembered I had my camera in my purse and wanted to take pictures. Oh well! 



I am so not a photographer! I never know what I'm doing with my camera. But I hope these pictures are good enough to give you the gist. 

I wanted to have a beer with dinner SO bad, but I'm still sticking to my no alcohol for a month thing so I just sat there and watched Woody selfishly enjoy two beers. What a jerk! ;-) 

Now I'm just going to chill for the rest of the evening. I hope that you are having a relaxing evening as well! Much love <3