Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Sometimes you just need to be human."

Good morning sweet people! I hope your morning is starting off beautifully and that you're feeling refreshed and alive!

Something weird happened to me yesterday. I was stretching my arms over head and gently leaning from side to side when all of a sudden this sharp pain shot through my upper back! It was intense! Somehow I tweaked something and now it hurts to turn my head or do almost anything. It's so strange. Does this mean I'm getting old?! It's definitely humbling and sort of eye-opening. Our bodies are so fragile! Is this a sign that I'm not taking care of  my body as well as I could? I'm feeling the need to pay special attention to my body and it's needs, taking care to move it, stretch it out and breathe into all the areas of tightness so something like this doesn't happen again. I was talking to Woody about it, feeling bummed and sorry for myself and disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to go to yoga or work out for a few days until I heal. This is what Woody said, "Sometimes you just need to be human." I love it. So wise you are, Woody! Thank you :-)

Even though I was hurting yesterday, I couldn't stand being inactive. So I made my way outside with Woody and the doggies and enjoyed the sunshine while weeding the garden beds.




Me: "It feels good to have my hands in the ground."
Woody: "I know. It's very grounding."

Hehe :-) 

How about some food pics from yesterday?

Breakfast


Over easy egg, sauteed kale and garlic, fried potatoes and Udi's gluten free toast. Woody made it for me :-) 


I mixed it all together. Yum :-) 

Lunch


Salad with kale, carrot, baby tomatoes, baby bell peppers, veggie burger broken into pieces, garlic gold, nutritional yeast, a bit of raw goat cheese and a dressing made with dijon mustard, vegenaise and stevia. 

Dinner


Chilaquiles! Scrambled eggs, black beans, tortilla chips, tomatoes, bell pepper, salsa, hot sauce, nutritional yeast and goat cheese. 

Look what I got in the mail yesterday!


Woody's mom sent this to me as a belated birthday gift! It's rutilated quartz with turquoise and pearl.



It's beautiful and I love it :-) Thanks Mary Ann! 

She also sent me a list of some word and phrase ideas for my blog name. Too bad I already named it! I liked her ideas! 

~Fit and Feast
~Body and Soul Feast
~Lush
~Essence for Life
~Comfort
~Bliss
~Feed Your Body and Spirit
~Soul Bread (haha, this is the name of one of Woody's songs!) 

What do you think?! Do you like any of these ideas or do you like Sweetness of Life as the name?

Well, I gotta go! Much love and gratitude to everyone who is reading this <3 

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."