Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sleepy Sunday morning....need pancakes!

Good morning! Happy Sunday. I wish I was feeling awesome today but the little puppy man didn't feel like letting me get much sleep last night. I didn't go to bed until after midnight and then Django needed to be let out around five this morning. I wasn't able to fall asleep again after that so I have been up since. A nice big cup of Yerba Mate is definitely in order. And maybe a nap later too! I felt like such a zombie stumbling around my kitchen making breakfast this morning. I don't know how I was able to function, but somehow I managed to make a totally delicious breakfast. I found this recipe on Clean Eating Chelsey. I just made a few little changes. 

Gluten Free Pumpkin Oat Pancakes With Peanut Butter Apple Sauce! 

YUM!

So GOOD! 

There's my Yerba Mate right there. Very much needed this morning!


Pancakes:
~1/4 cup gluten free oats
~1/4 cup coconut milk (or any other milk will do) 
~1/4 cup pumpkin 
~1 tbsp Flax
~1 tsp cinnamon
~1 tsp vanilla
(I also added 1 tbsp each of hemp seeds and chia seeds for added protein and fiber, but this is totally optional) 

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet. Put globs of batter on oiled pan over medium heat. Heat for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook until done! 

Sauce:
~1/2 apple, chopped 
~1 tbsp peanut butter (I've also used almond butter which is just as yummy)
~2-3 tbsp coconut milk (or any kind of milk)
~A drizzle of maple syrup 
~Cinnamon
~Vanilla 

Heat the sauce in a sauce pan on medium heat until the sauce starts to thicken and the apples get a little soft. Pour sauce over the pancakes and get down! So tasty. Perfect for a sleepy sunday morning. 

I'm stoked that it's gloriously sunny out and that I have a pretty mellow day ahead of me. I just have to do laundry, clean the house, work-out and then go to a friend's birthday dinner gathering this evening. Happy Birthday Kate! <3 And to whoever is reading this, I hope you have a beautiful day!