Saturday, February 26, 2011

First post EVER!

Wow, this is exciting! My first post ever on my first blog ever. I am excited for the creation of this blog and to see how it blossoms and unfolds. I began toying with the idea of creating a blog ever since I discovered (and became OBSESSED) with all the other amazing food blogs out there. I never knew there were so many different ways to make oatmeal! Haha. I feel a little overwhelmed about all there is to learn about creating and managing a blog, but I'm also excited for the journey. I don't think I even know how to post pictures yet? Or links. But, don't worry....I'll figure it out. And hopefully in time, this blog will become everything I want it to be and more! And better yet, maybe people will actually read it!!!  So, since I intend for this blog to focus a lot on food, do you wanna know what I had for breakfast this morning??!! You do??? Good. Behold my friends, an EPIC bowl of oats.

It was so tasty, it was like eating dessert for breakfast. That's just how I roll ;-) I promise I typically eat very healthy foods and I plan to post all kinds of healthy recipes. These oats, however, were only kinda healthy-ish. Here's what went into the mix:

~2/3 cup water
~1/3 cup gluten free oats
~1/2 mashed banana
~1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~1 teaspoon cinnamon
~1 tablespoon flax seeds

Then I topped it all off with:
~1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
~1 tablespoon chia seeds
~a sprinkling of shredded coconut
~1 gluten free graham cracker broken into pieces
~a small handful of homemade granola
~2 small chopped dates
~a tiny bit of chocolate chips!
~a splash of So Delicious vanilla coconut milk

Woah! Holy goodness. So yummy :-) I think this concludes my first post! Until next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUM! and Gluten Free! I'm going to have to try this one. As your first post I am very excited, let me know if you have questions. I can help. Your food creations are amazing and now I get a piece of you after I move away to Arizona :)! So Thrilled! Can you mention what allergies that might be present in the food since ya know, I love to respect all food allergies out there and it is so helpful to know. :) It would be a great thing to provide for readers. <3

Post a Comment