Monday, August 26, 2013

Easy Peasy Coconut Curry (Veggie OR Chicken)

Hello! I am here to share a recipe today. I was REALLY tempted to post another cookie recipe, but I decided to resist the urge and share a healthy recipe this time. Cookies next time ;) 

This recipe is for a super delicious Curry inspired by THIS recipe from The Detoxinista.


Ingredients:

1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
2 carrots, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
1 sweet potato, chopped
2 red skinned potatoes, chopped
2 cups green beans, chopped
2 cups frozen peas
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 in. piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cans coconut milk
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt

Optional: 2 chicken breasts, baked and cut into bite sized pieces

To begin, melt the coconut oil or ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until tender. Then add the coconut milk, can of diced tomatoes, curry powder, cinnamon, tamari, maple syrup and sea salt. Wisk it all together well. Then add all your veggies, except for the frozen peas. You will add those at the end since they don't need long to cook. You will also add the grated ginger at the end. Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low and allow the veggies to cook until they are soft. Stir occasionally, whenever it strikes your fancy :) When it seems like your veggies are just about as tender as you like them, add the frozen peas and grated ginger. Allow to cook for a few more minutes. If you are adding chicken to the mix, now is the time to do so. That is, if you have already baked it.

Serve with rice and enjoy!

This has been quite a hit lately and I LOVE making it for friends and my lover. Super simple and really tasty! :) Oh, and I should warn you, this makes A LOT! Plenty to share with lots of loved ones :)


And since Ava Lily is MY LIFE now, I have to add some photos of her. I don't think I will ever be able to blog without sharing photos of her. She is amazing.

 Woody is hilarious! This is the kind of thing he does to crack me up. Yep...never a dull moment around here, folks!

 Those eyes!!!

 The two cutest faces I've EVER seen :)

 !!!!




 Sleeping beauty.

 Cute little smiley face :)

 Gangsta ;)

 My dad came to visit from Wisconsin!

 Little bath
time beauty <3

I love sweet days like this, where she sleeps on my chest almost all day long. It doesn't matter that the house is a mess and I'm not getting anything done. I wouldn't trade these precious moments for anything in the world.

Love <3