Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIAW (Short and sweet)

Good morning loves!

Happy WHAT I ATE WEDNESDAY! :-)

As always, many thanks to Jenn for hosting the party!

Be sure to head on over to Peas and Crayons to check out everyone's WIAW's. 



My morning began in a typical fashion with lots of water.

I then drank a healthy morning tonic which consisted of water, kombucha, apple cider vinegar and MSM powder.

Then I drank a delightful espresso with a splash of hemp milk. 

Then came breakfast.


A smoothie topped with a crumbled rice cake! I love a little crunch factor with my smoothies, but since I didn't have any granola or cereal I thought a rice cake would do the trick! And it did :) 

Simple Chocolate Green Smoothie

1/2 cup hemp milk
1 frozen banana
1/4 cup gluten-free oats
1 heaping tbsp sunflower butter
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp vitamineral greens
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon

It was simply delicious! 

Throughout the morning and afternoon I sipped on various beverages: water, nettle tea, kombucha, aloe vera juice...and nibbled on various bits of chocolate ;) 

Lunch: 



My left over macro bowl from dinner at Peter Lowell's the night before. 

Beans, greens, root veggies and brown rice topped with sauerkraut. 

I had to go out for dinner and drinks with friends on Monday night to celebrate my *new* haircut!



Good times :)

Anyway, back to WIAW...

For dinner last night, I kept it pretty simple. 


Roasted broccoli with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast with a side of some turkey sausage.

For dessert, I had THIS glorious, decadent, delicious, creamy, HEALTHY yumminess :)


Cherry Chocolate Avocado Pudding

Compliments of the Detoxinista. Recipe here

You should probably make this. You don't regret it!

Well, that sums up it up :) I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I hope you all have a gorgeous day!

Lots of love <3