Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Garden abundance and granola love

Hey my friends! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my last post. I appreciate you taking the time to read about my day spent remembering and honoring the memory of my mom on her birthday. 

Ya'll are too sweet!

And speaking of SWEET, here is some serious sweetness going on in my life:

 Our most recent garden abundance! (That is Woody's hand, by the way!)
 The days of overly abundant zucchini are finally behind us! Now, we have lots of cucumber, green beans, tomatoes and carrots. 


 All of our carrots turned out super gnarly and twisted and entwined with one another! They were all like, making love underground and got stuck together in these very intimate positions! But, they taste really good :-) That's what matters. 

Such amazing abundance! So grateful. 

Another thing I am grateful for (and this is LONG overdue) was the opportunity to get down on some LOVE :-)


Anyone who is a food blogger or reads food blogs or just knows what's up has heard of and probably already tried Love Grown Granola.

I was very fortunate to receive a few samples to taste and review! I was sent three full size flavors as well as several small sized samples of every flavor. 

The flavors include:

~Apple Walnut Delight
~Cocoa Goodness
~Raisin Almond Crunch
~Simply Oats
~Sweet Cranberry Pecan

I can understand why this granola is LOVED by so many. Not only is it delicious, it is also:

-Free of Refined Sugar
-Free of High Fructose Corn Syrup
-Free of Trans Fat
-Free of Hydrogenated Oils
-Free of Artificial Flavors
-Free of preservatives
-Free of Gluten
-Free of Genetically Modified Ingredients

As said on their website:

"Love Grown Foods is a company that was formed to create delicious foods made with pure and simple ingredients that ALSO encourages you to live a healthy and active lifestyle that you love. We are founded on the beliefs that you should be able to pronounce every ingredient in a product and that food should be nutritious and healthy while also tasting great! As a company, we are determined to be a part of the movement towards the use of purer products with wholesome ingredients that are also affordable.

Here at LOVE GROWN FOODS, we take pride in the fact that all of our recipes are made with LOVE! Our bold flavors and wholesome ingredients reflect our own desires to live healthy and active lives while still enjoying great tasting foods. A healthy diet is one that is free of added chemicals, and it is for this reason we strive to LIVE FREE!"

Awesome, right?! 
I tried every flavor and I can honestly not choose a favorite! It's all delicious. I plan on talking to my local Whole Foods and suggest to them that they carry the LOVE! I want this stuff to be easily accessible to me and my fellow Sebastopolites....or Sebastoplians? Um, the folks that live in Sebastopol! That's what I'm trying to say :-)  
I got down on this granola in every way I could think of. Unfortunately it is now cashed out and I am ready for more!
I ate it in a bowl with coconut milk.
On top of smoothies:

On top of pancakes and french toast:
And this!

~Mini Peanut Butter Apple Crisp~
 (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
(Serves 2)

1 large apple or two small ones
1/2 cup of LOVE GROWN GRANOLA (I used Raisin Almond Crunch)
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tbsp earth balance or coconut oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of salt
 Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Cut your apple up into small, bite sized pieces and place aside. In a small bowl combine the rest of your ingredients. I used my hands to mix and massage everything together really well, until it resembled a crumb-like appearance. Lightly oil a small casserole dish or two ramekins. Place apples inside followed by the crumbly topping. Bake for about 15 minutes until the apples are soft and the top is starting to turn slightly golden. 
I loved the peanut butter, apple, raisin, cinnamon flavor combo! It was so delicious. I think the Love Grown Granola really made it exceptional. 
Now, since my granola stash has run out, I gotta get my hands on some more! 


Have you ever tried Love Grown before? If so, what's your favorite flavor?


Do you have veggie garden? If so, what is growing most abundantly for you? 


Lots of love and beautiful blessings to all of you! I appreciate you <3