Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WIAW + Epic hike!

Hey radiant ones! How is your Wednesday going so far? I'm a little late today at posting my WIAW, but better late than never, right? :-)




(Thanks Jenn!)

I began the morning with water and tea, like I normally do. 


Breakfast was a TRIO of smoothies in a bowl!


The chocolate and strawberry smoothies are Leanne's recipes. The peanut butter graham smoothie is based off of Erin's recipe.

I topped them with some Love Grown Cocoa Granola and Perky's Crunchy Flax Cereal. 


Lunch:


Kale, baked sweet potato, black olives, baby tomaotes, scrambled eggs and barbecue sauce. Does that seem like a strange combo? It was so good! 

I drank one of these at some point of the day:


And snacked on some of these:


I made Angela's cookie dough balls. I used brown rice flour instead of whole wheat flour and I  just used two tablespoons for maple syrup and didn't use any cane sugar at all. They're so GOOD! It's trouble. 

Dinner:


Veggie tamale with guacamole and hot sauce on top of a bed of greens with baby tomatoes, black olives, 
nutritional yeast and two different types of sauerkraut made by friends :-) I think I had this exact same meal a couple days ago. It's a good one. 

I received something very FUN in the mail the other day and had to try it out, so I ended up munching a couple of these later in the night:



SO CUTE! Mini doughnut pans are awesome! That's what I got in the mail ;-) I also ordered a mini muffin tin. SO fricken cute. :-) As if I really needed more things to inspire me to bake more. Geez ;-) 

I want to share the recipe of these mini gluten-free doughnuts with you, but I don't even know what I did! I looked at a bunch of recipes online and then just kinda started throwing stuff together. So, let me make them again and then I'll document the recipe so I can share with you:-) 

I think this concludes my WIAW! 

But I have more stuff. 

I went for a GLORIOUS hike on Monday with Woody, the dogs and two of our friends. We got to experience a little bit of Hawaii in Northern California in the form of a totally magical waterfall. 




 We made lots of rock sculptures for fun! (photos courtesy of Woody)












Such epicness:-) 

I love life! Yay! 

So tell me, what is some epicness that you're experiencing in your life at the moment? (You know what, it doesn't even have to be epic. It could be very simple. However, if it's something you're enjoying, it's probably become epic from your enjoyment of it!) 

As always, thank you for reading and following along on my journey of living and eating and breathing and being! I appreciate you for your support and inspiration. And your comments ALWAYS make my day. Lots of love to you beautiful beings!