Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cleanse Day 7 (One more week to go!)

Hey my friends! I hope you all had a beautiful weekend. I'm happy because Woody and I are a week into our cleanse. Do you know what that means?! We're half way done! Woohoo! It really has been awesome and we've been eating such good food but I have been missing certain things, like chocolate. And pancakes! I don't know why but I can't get pancakes out of my mind. They are going to taste AMAZING once we're done cleansing! I am definitely looking forward to it!

As for our cleansing eats, not too much has changed. Still juicing a lot.


And eating smoothies in a bowl with oats sprinkled on top.


I know that totally looks like murky swamp water but it was delicious, I promise! It's definitely not unusual for me to consume food that looks gross but tastes amazing. :-) Not everything can be pretty!

  • 1 cup coconut water
  • 1/2 banana
  • Large handful of spinach
  • 6 frozen strawberries
  • 1 tbsp flax seeds
  • 1 scoop of Sun Warrior Chocolate Protein Powder
Yum :-) 

Lots of salads being consumed as well. I have a NEW favorite salad that I am about to share with you right now! 



Coconut, Spice and Everything Nice Salad :-)

  • Mixed greens
  • baby tomatoes
  • avocado
  • cilantro
  • baked sweet potato
  • chickpeas
  • coconut oil
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • cinnamon
  • cumin
  • garlic powder
  • chili powder
Oh man, the combination of all the spices and coconut in this salad was KILLER! Seriously so so amazing. I have been trying to get pretty creative with my salads so I'm not eating the same damn one every day :-) How boring would that be?! ;-) Life is too short to eat boring food. 

Dinner was quite amazing tonight too. 


Coconut rice with curried lentil/veggie mash. I'll probably post the recipe tomorrow or in a couple days. It would be wrong to not share this recipe. It's GOOD, my friends. It's one of those healthy meals that nourishes your body AND your soul. It made my heart sigh...and say thank you. 

Speaking of my heart. These two babies warm my heart to the core. 






Can you believe that they used to not like each other?! When we first got Django (on the right), Kona (on the left) was like, what is that little thing??? She would growl and snarl at him and all he wanted to do was play and cuddle with her. Now they're totally BFF's :-)

If I don't do a post tomorrow, then I wish you all a beautiful, blessed monday! 

Something to reflect on:

May the sun bring you new energies by day
May the moon softly restore you by night
May the rain wash away any worries you may have
May gentle breezes refresh your soul
And all the days of your life 
May you walk through the world
And know its beauty

~Apache Blessing

Now...a question.

I know most bloggers ask a question (or more) at the end of their post. Sometimes I feel inspired to do this and other times I don't. How do you feel about this? Would you like me to post questions? Do you feel compelled to comment more when a question is asked? I would appreciate the input! Thanks loves <3