Monday, March 21, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

I wanted to write a post yesterday but the crazy storming going on caused our power to go out for a day and a half! Yesterday was a really peaceful, quiet day spent reading. It was quite a change to not have any music, not be able to go online, not be able to wash dishes (the water was off too), and not be able to cook or bake anything! It made me realize how dependent I am on electricity. Someday, I want to go live in the woods and live off the land just to show myself that it's possible and I can do it! Who's with me?! :-)

Check out what the wild wind and rain did to our poor green house!




Totally shredded! Mother Nature sure is speaking up right now and I hear her loud and clear! I know that the west coast is due for a big earthquake. It could be any day now! I've kind of been holding my breath, prepared to feel the shaking at any moment. Woody and I have been talking about putting together an earthquake survival kit but so far all we've done is fill up some huge jugs of water, which is a good start! I was joking about setting up our big tent in the backyard and filling it with sleeping bags, food, water, supplies, etc. so that we'd be all set! It was kind of funny at the time we were talking about it, but now it really doesn't sound like a bad idea!

Let's switch over to a lighter topic now, shall we?

First, some BEAUTY:


Isn't that flower exquisite? I took the photo from inside, so there is a bit of glare from the window, but still, it's so beautiful, right?

And now, some CUTENESS! 



I don't know why that little froggie thought that would be a safe place to chill! I'm just glad I noticed him before I stuck my foot in that shoe! 

And now, some more cuteness. The cutest, sweetest doggies ever! 


Django is getting so big! I love how he brought his little toy up there to sleep with Kona. He's so funny. He'll run from across the room and totally just launch himself into the papasan when Kona's in there. She usually growls at him at first but then she relaxes and let's him cuddle with her.

And now we gotta talk about food!

Remember the Kale and Sweet Potato Frittata that Woody and I made the other night? Well, we made it again last night with just a few changes. We added APPLE! Yes, apple. It was so good! We also used cilantro instead of basil and didn't use black olives this time. It was so amazing! I love frittatas! I have to say, they are definitely one of my favorite things ever. I love how you can use such a variety of ingredients and the eggs are the glue that hold everything together. It's a beautiful union! ;-)





Just look at all that green goodness in there! Oh Kale, I love you. You complete me :-)

There are some other recipes I have been meaning to post, but I'm wondering if it's a better flow for there to be just one recipe per post. What do you think? Whether you are a fellow blogger or not, do you care to offer your thoughts? I know my posts are a little all over the place at times, but I'm just beginning this blogging process and I'm sure my style will continue to progress and evolve as time goes on. But for now, I'm just going with what I feel! And sometimes it's therapeutic to just post exactly what's on mind at the moment, even if it means the post is a collection of scattered thoughts and several recipes from many days! I'm sure I'll eventually find the flow that works the best!

I just want to thank whoever is reading! I keep feeling it and saying it, but I have to say it again. I love you! And I'm grateful people are reading. I'm so thrilled when someone tells me they've made one of my recipes and how much they loved it! It's a wonderful feeling. I'm thankful that I have this blog as a creative outlet and that others are finding it inspiring! :-)

I had a training session with Gorden this morning that kicked my booty, as usual. Now there is cleaning and laundry to be done, as usual! But the sun is shining! So hopefully I'll get outside at some point today to soak up some glorious rays :-) Yesterday was the first official day of Spring! Happy Spring Equinox!


I hope that you all are having a beautiful, amazing day and that your heart is warm and radiant! Love and blessings to you <3

2 comments:

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries said...

Your poor green house! Wow! But that little froggy in your shoe was so adorable :) I hope you're having a beautiful day!

Jess@HealthyExposures said...

Your poor green house!! I hope that was the worst of the damage, though, and your house and everything is just fine :] I always get a big shock when we lose power, too, realizing how much I depend on it. Luckily we have a gas stove, which is helpful, but it's not like I can use the oven! No baking, blogging, internet and even if I decide to kill time by taking some photos of something I can't go through them until power's back :[
But anyways. The kale frittata looks awesome, and I'll bet the addition of apple was great. I love kale + apple!
You'll get into a blogging "flow"! I can't tell you how many times I intend on mentioning one thing but then by the time I get a flow going it just doesn't seem to fit. Gets scrapped altogether or just until another post :]

Post a Comment