Saturday, March 12, 2011

Banana Flax Pancake with Almond Butter Date Sauce

Good morning! Happy Saturday to you!

Today is my two week anniversary of staring this blog! Haha. It's become such a natural part of my day that it feels like I've had if for much longer. I'm excited to continue with it and see how it changes and evolves. It feels good to be writing and sharing a bit of myself. I feel that we all have a gift and what a great way to share that gift and let it shine!

The day I started this blog, I was reading in The Mayan Oracle-Return Path to the Stars about planting seeds of intention.

"You and your life are the fertile soil, and the mystery blooms within you through the power of your intention or seed thought. What can you open that will support receptivity and assist the germination of your seed intentions? Envision the seed receiving the invitation to grow in the openness of your world. Viscerally feel the possibility of your heart's dream emerging. Your true desires and dreams contain an innate intelligence that can break through even the rigidity of fixed expectations. Planting a new seed, even in the hard soil of old belief systems, can bring unexpected magic and growth. Call forth your creative involvement with life. This involvement frees and awakens the powerful energy of life force, shifting your perceptions and experience, catalyzing the manifestation of your dreams. Participate spontaneously in your growth, unrestricted by the illusion of old structures that once provided safety. Move forward into the light of new possibilities. Offer your dream-seed to the universe. In the ordered patterning of the light, align with your heart's greater purpose. In gratitude, surrender and release the seed to the benefit of your growth and its own pattern of perfection.


Tropism is the tendency to respond or move toward something by natural attraction. Through a code inherent within, a sprouted seed grows toward the light and a sunflower follows the sun. In like manner, you respond to the light of your own nature. Through your own process of living and learning, you generate and plant various intentions and desires. As your natural growth pattern is catalyzed and awakened, your truth germinates in wisdom, emerging into the light in which all seeds flourish. Thus, as your plant your own truth, more truth comes to light. In the this way, you create more fertile ground in which to explore and express all that you are!" 


From The Mayan Oracle-Return Path to the Stars


Yes! Words of truth and wisdom. This makes me ask myself, how can I open more to my inner light and truth and call forth my dreams and desires? What seeds can I be planting right now to move toward the light of my own nature and live my life with more purpose? What would I like to manifest in my heart and in my life? My mission right now is to set my focus on these thoughts and find the answers within! Spring is in the air and it's the perfect time to be planting seeds! In the earth, in your heart and in your life!

And now, my friends, we move into the topic of food.

I started my day off right with a healthy serving of fresh squeezed juice.


4 carrots, 4 celery stalks, 1 meyer lemon, a chunk of ginger and a small beet! 


I also added in some cayenne powder and a little E3Live


I hadn't juiced in a while! I had forgotten about how wonderful and energizing fresh squeezed juice is. 

That kept me feeling satisfied for a couple hours but then I wanted food! So I made some breakfast. Isn't it awesome when you just intuitively through things together and it ends up being amazing and delicious!? That's what happened today! 

Gluten-Free Banana Flax Pancake with Almond Butter Date Sauce
Serves 1
  • 1/2 banana mashed
  • 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • 2 tbsp Pamela's Pancake Mix
  • 2 tbsp coconut milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • A bit of cinnamon
Mash your banana in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine. Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add a bit of coconut oil and then pour your batter into pan. Cook pancake on each side until lightly golden brown and beautiful! And then prepare your sauce! 

  • 2 dates
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 3-4 tbsp coconut milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Blend together in food processor or blender until it gets to a saucey consistency. 


The blank canvas! I poured the delicious sauce on top and then added strawberries, blueberries, and a small handful of homemade granola. 






I don't think I even have words to tell you how good this was. I think maybe you should just make it! Ok?

Woody is out surfing this morning and I'm about to leave for a personal training session. My back has been messed up and I haven't had a good work out in like, 3 days!! I am ready to move my body! My back isn't quite back to normal yet so I still want to take it easy a little bit.  I'm sure Gorden will have the perfect workout planned :-) 

Have a beautiful day! With deep gratitude and respect, I thank you for reading! <3 Much love.