Since I am new to blogging and have only had this blog for about two months now, I get ridiculously excited when I get comments! Haha. Or when someone responds to a comment I left them. Or when someone I know tells me how much they love my blog. It totally makes my day and makes me radiate joy and gratitude out in all directions! So, imagine my surprise and excitement when my friend, Emilia at Namaste Gurl tagged me with this!
Thanks love! I'm honored!
Here are The Versatile Blogger rules:
- Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
- Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
- Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you've done so, and let the giver of the award know you accept it...or not! (I accept!!!!) :-)
Ok are you ready!? Here we go.
Seven Random Facts about Alaina Rose:
1. Most people call me "Rosie" or "Rose" (which is my middle name.)
I never told anyone to do this, it just sort of started happening when I was a little girl. That's why when I tell people what my name is, I usually say "Alaina Rose" because there has been confusion before when I've told people my name is "Alaina" and then all a sudden all these people are calling me "Rose." I'm happy to be called "Rosie" and "Rose"because I happen to love roses :-) I'm also in love with Rose Water. I spray it on me and around me several times a day!
2. I didn't get my driver's license until last year and I'm 26 years old!
So, why the heck did it take me so long? I don't know. I used to ride my bike or take the bus or walk everywhere. I didn't know what I was missing until I finally got my license and a car and now I can't imagine not being able to drive wherever I want, whenever I want. My life changed when I started driving. I sprouted wheels and wings and became more independent! I still think driving is a little scary though. People are fricken crazy out there!
3. I laugh in my sleep :-) The sound of myself bursting out laughing wakes me up like, several times a week. I don't know why and I usually can't remember what was so funny but it leaves me with a good feeling! Haha. This is one of the things that made Woody fall in love with me. He was like, "She's such a positive, happy person that she even laughs in her sleep!" (I don't have a picture to post of me laughing in my sleep. Maybe someday!)
4. I was born in Southern California but I "grew up" in Wisconsin. Good ole' Wisco will always hold a piece of my heart. And I love SoCal too. I have A LOT of friends that still live down there and I'm actually going to be going down for a visit in a week!
5. My mom passed away when I was 18 and I have considered myself to be "on my own" since then. I still have my dad and my brother (who live in Wisconsin) but my life changed drastically when my momma died. I moved back out to California on my own and have pretty much been on my own since then. But, my mom continues to inspire me everyday. She lives on through me and is forever present in my heart.
She was such a magical, sparkly faerie woman! Here we are in her garden when I was about 4 or 5. I love how her hair is curled around my little fingers and I'm studying it so intently. Love <3
6. I'm kind of inconsistent with my hobbies. I have gone through many phases of things I've been very passionate about. I used to want to be a writer. I was constantly writing stories and poems when I was younger. I also used to play guitar and write songs. Now I usually only pick up my guitar when I've had a few beers or some wine ;-) Or when I'm sad, then it becomes my therapy. Sometimes Woody is able to entice me into playing too, but not very often. It's fun jamming with him though! I also went through a phase where I was making clothes and selling them. Then I got really into making jewelry and selling that. These are all things that I still revisit from time to time, but they don't hold the same amount of passion for me as they used to. Hopefully cooking, baking and blogging will stick around for awhile!
7. I still don't know "what I want to be when I grow up." ;-)
Wow! That was fun. And time consuming! Haha. That took some serious thought! Well, I hope that wasn't too boring. Now you know a few "random" facts about me! A little glimpse of the girl behind the blog.
Now I have to tag some other bloggers with the Versatile Blogger Award! I'm not going to tag 15 people though, because that just seems like a lot! So, I'm just going to tag a few bloggers that I have either been enjoying lately, or just gravitating toward, or who have AWESOME recipes or who have just inspired me in one way or another.
Ok, that's seven! That's seems appropriate. Seven random facts about me and seven people to pass the award on to! Perfect :-)
Well, it's been real but I'm outta here! I'm off to do some yoga, go to a personal training session and make some chocolate almond butter coconut treats for a friend's birthday tonight! I will see you soon for some more recipes and some more sweetness of life! <3 Wishing you all sweetness and love!