Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sweet Potato Honey Mustard Salad

Hey! I hope everyone is having a sweet and yummy afternoon. I had my training session with Gorden this morning which was HARD, as usual. I think maybe workouts are supposed to be hard or something? When I got home, I wasn't quite ready for lunch so I made a quick little recovery smoothie. I shall call it:

Maca Magic Smoothie!

  • 1 banana
  • 3 dates
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp maca powder
  • 1 tbsp flax seeds
  • 1 tbsp hemp seeds
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
It was creamy and perfect. I realized after I drank it that cinnamon would have been a nice touch. Oh well, I still enjoyed it to the max! (Even if I don't look like it in the picture? Haha. Do I look sad or something? I think it's just my big doe eyes!) 


Soon after that goodness, I was ready for lunch. I knew I wanted sweet potato in the mix so I threw one in the oven to bake. In the mean time I threw together a quick and tasty Honey Mustard Dressing that I saw on the lovely Averie's blog today: Love Veggies and Yoga


So simple! Just one part each of Dijon Mustard, Vegenaise and honey. 

When the sweet potatoes were all nice and baked, I took them out of the oven and stared at them for awhile. 


Finally I started chopping some veggies and ended up with this! 


  • Fresh garden greens
  • Baked sweet potato
  • Baby tomatoes
  • Cilantro
  • Raw chopped almonds
  • Nutritional yeast
  • Honey Mustard Dressing
This salad was all about taste and texture! I loved the sweetness of the honey mustard and sweet potato, the earthiness of the greens and cilantro, the juiciness of the tomatoes and the slight crunch of the almonds. 'Twas a killer salad if I do say so myself. Dessert was a couple chocolate coconut truffles. They're almost gone! That means I get to make another treat! I try not to have too many sweets in the house at once, otherwise I get myself into trouble. 

I hope you all have a splenderific day and I'll see you later.