Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baked Beet, Basil and Goat Cheese Sandwich

Hi :-) Thank you so much for some of your comments and love. I'm so happy that people are actually reading my posts! It's exciting and I'm grateful :-) Please keep commenting and let me know that you're reading. Let's keep the communication open and flowing!

Today was super mellow. I definitely should have worked out today but my body was feeling a little tired and run down so I took it easy. Tomorrow is a training day with Gorden so I will most definitely have my ass kicked, which will make up for my lack of activity today.

Lunch today was scrambled eggs....on a salad??? Yeah. I've never done that before but I wanted it! And I'm glad because it was fricken' delicious.

So pretty, right? I love eating beautiful, colorful food!

In the mix: Fresh garden greens, scrambled eggs, baby tomatoes, sweet baby bell peppers, black olives, avocado, cilantro, hummus, hot sauce, hemp seeds, Garlic Gold Balsamic and Garlic Gold Nuggets. 
It was definitely an awesome salad! 

For dinner, I tried something new. 

Baked beets, fresh basil and melted cheddar style goat cheese sandwich on Udi's Gluten-free bread! 


Yum!



For desert, I had one of my chocolate chip pumpkin oat muffins from yesterday. I put a little almond butter on it and it was perfect :-) Oh, and I may have nibbled on a little chocolate coconut truffle too ;-) 


I'm currently reading Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr so I think I'm about to go cuddle up with that right now. See you tomorrow!