Monday, February 28, 2011

I LOVE grocery shopping!

Hi! I don't know if anyone is even reading my posts but I'm just gonna keep on posting...if not for anyone else, than at least for myself! :-) I was talking about starting a blog for months before I finally did it. And now that I have, I'm pleased with myself ;-) And I'm going to keep it up, even if it's for my eyes and my pleasure alone.

This morning I ate some oats for breakfast.


Oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon, chopped banana (kinda blended in), flax seeds and hemp seeds. Topped with peanut butter, jelly and some of my homemade chocolate granola. Not too shabby.

After breakfast I headed to Vertex Climbing Gym for a work-out with my personal trainer. It was a good session! I'm feelin' it. I'll probably be sore for days! We did bent arm planks, side planks, front squats, bulgarian split squats, bench presses, single arm rows, push-ups and....more?! I can't remember what else. But it was fun. After training, I went grocery shopping. Seriously, does anyone else LOVE grocery shopping?? It makes me so happy! I love buying food, making food, eating food, taking pictures of food, talking about food, looking at other people's pictures of food...pretty much everything about food is awesome. I usually do my shopping at Whole Foods but I decided to hit up Andy's Market today instead. I picked up some essential items and some not so essential items.


I really didn't need the Udi's cinnamon raisin bagels or the cereal ;-) But sometimes I just like to try new things. After putting away the goods, I made a salad for lunch. It was kind of a strange combo! But I was feelin' it and it ended up being awesome.


Fresh greens from the garden, veggie burger broken into small pieces, avocado, orange bell pepper, black olives, nutritional yeast, hummus, hot sauce and here's where it gets a little weird...I added a bit of Ketchup...and sweet pickle relish?? Yeah. But somehow all the flavors meshed really well together and I totally dug it!

Now I'm going to drink a Kombucha and do the things I did not do yesterday, like clean the house. And I want to do a little baking today too! I might make some pumpkin peanut butter muffins. I'm not sure yet. I also have a bunch of strawberries that are going to get funky if I don't eat them or make something with them soon!

I'm super excited that Woody is getting back from Tahoe tonight! It was kinda nice to have the house to myself for a couple days but by the 3rd day I was like, ok I'm ready for you to come home now!!! Ok, I'm off! I'll post pics and recipes of whatever I end up baking later on. :-)